Have you ever wanted to sample a specific color from an object or photo in Adobe Illustrator with the Eyedropper tool and apply it to a color stop on the gradient slider? If so, you’ve probably discovered there’s no obvious way to do so.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Select the object on which you want to change the color of the gradient.
- Open the Gradient Panel.
- Select the first color stop in the gradient that you’d like to change (I selected the white one first).
- Hit the “i” key or select the Eyedropper tool in the tools panel.
- Hold the SHIFT key and click the color of the photo or the object that you’d like to sample with the Eyedropper tool (I chose yellow).
- Repeat for any of the other color stops in the gradient (In this Case, the green).